Thursday, January 13, 2005

ooo! look! a book!

got to trundle off to school in 10 minutes or so for this lunchtime's crop of pupils. I kick off with my only violist, Kayleigh, who's coming along very nicely, and I end up with Frances - who thinks she's terrible but isn't at all! My usual middle pupil's 'on a break' from violin, so I've only got 2 of them today - nice girls both though, so that'll be lovely :)

anyway, I can't contain the oooooooooo factor of my "The Complete Saxophone Player" (omnibus) book arriving from musicroom.com. It looks like an excellent book - Mr. Ravenscroft has a nice style.
It tells you how to get it out of the case, put it together, exercise your diaphragm, everything really!
I'd forgotten how cool it is when you get your tutor book for an instrument you've never learned - all those notes and asides and things. You sort of alternate between "I can learn that" and "what if I can't"...
this beginner-in-waiting thing's a curiously nice animal, isn't it?!

be afraid, west end music shops, I'll be hitting you tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home